An optimal cheese process: make it better with PROMILK® 852 B!26 March 2018
PROMILK® 852 B is a micellar casein from Ingredia. Created from only filtration processing, this protein is naturally rich in native micellar casein (92%). This native processing allows PROMILK® 852 B to have particularly high functionalities and nutritional quality.
PROMILK® 852 B: a functional milk protein
- Optimal hydration: 94% of rehydration in 30 minutes
- Texture improver: faster acidification in order to have the same texture versus using total milk protein (ex: MPC 85)
- High water-binding capacities: a high quality protein gel
PROMILK® 852 B in cheese
Micellar casein is the best protein to produce very high quality cheese in an optimal way. PROMILK® 852 B is a versatile protein for cheese applications.
- Enrichment and standardization: using PROMILK® 852 B guarantees milk composition consistency which standardizes the cheese composition and sensory profile. By using this ingredient, manufacturers ensure an optimal yield: an improvement in recuperation rates and an increase in manufacturing productivity.
- Processed cheese: from block to spreadable cheese, PROMILK® 852 B provides structure and a creamy texture to the cheese. Ingredia’s micellar casein can be used in a wide range of processed cheese recipes and gives a soft texture to the finished product.
- Cheese without whey separation: cheese can be produced with a 100% yield with PROMILK® 852 B. With this protein’s texturizing capability, it can be utilized in the formulation for soft cheese, cream cheese and white cheese.
PROMILK® 852 B micellar casein with texturizing properties21 February 2018
Created from only filtration processing, PROMILK® 852 B is a milk protein naturally rich in native micellar casein. This native processing enables PROMILK® 852 B to be particularly functional in food applications with optimal hydration and exceptional heat stability properties.
In cheese applications, this micellar casein is well-known for its texturizing properties (to create the cheese structure).
Rennet casein, sodium caseinates, milk proteins, casein, etc. are all dairy ingredients used in processed cheese! Sodium caseinates are widely used in processed cheese but they exhibit many disadvantages: consumer perception (chemical process), bad taste, and currently very high prices. Sodium caseinate does not have stabilizing properties in cheese formulations.
However, these disadvantages can be alleviated with Ingredia’s PROMILK® 852 B. Ingredia’s micellar casein replaces 100% of cheese proteins. With PROMILK® 852 B, manufacturers can formulate and create a well-textured block cheese.
PROMILK® 802 FB Takes it “Back to the Basics”31 January 2018
“Back to the basics” is the latest big trend. A growing number of consumers are looking for ways to simplify their lives and are more open to trying new things. Food claims such as clean label, free-from, natural, non-GMO, etc. are perceived as claims to a healthy lifestyle.
The clean-label market is estimated at US$165 billion globally. To meet consumer expectations, manufacturers are reformulating products to have short ingredient lists and be as natural as possible by avoiding artificial ingredients and using fewer stabilizers.
With PROMILK® 802 FB, INGREDIA’s native whey protein, manufacturers can produce clean-label yogurts. This unique protein has two exceptional primary functionalities due to its native form (the same as in fresh milk): jellifying properties and water retention.
As a texture booster, requiring less than 0.5% in the recipe, PROMILK® 802 FB replaces 100% of gelatin and creates a perfect creamy and shiny yogurt.
Do you want to lead in this latest health trend? Then use PROMILK® 802 FB in your formulations.